Think about it

Randomness Life and Times of Noelle

How'd you find me?

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Trolls have a cousin

Today was a crappy day from the beginning, my boss pulled some tendons in her foot so she was kinda slow, making my job must more busy. Anyway, she had to go to the office so that she could place our order, no big deal right. WRONG! This woman walks up (you will soon understand why I think she may be related to the trolls) and I ask her if I can get her anything. Her answer was "No, I am just looking." Okay then and I go about my business. I start to take whole birds out of the rotiserrie (sp?). Then I turn around and there are 6 high schoolers standing at the hotcase wanting lunch. I walk over.
N: What can I get you?
Girl: Um, can I get a small thing of mac and cheese?
N: Sure. (I get the mac and cheese)
N: Here you are, anything else?
G: Yeah, can I get a glass of water?
N: Okay. (I walk to the other side of the deli to the pop machine to get some water.) Here is your water.
G: Oh yeah, can I get a fork as well.
N: *thinking: Bitch why didn't you ask me for that while I was on the side of the deli that has the forks!!* Yep. (walk to the OTHER side of the deli to get her damn fork).
*First lady who walked up: HEY, I am ready now!
N: Okay, it will be just a moment. (Stupid, there are 5 other people in front of you b/c you couldn't make up your damn mind)
However, the high schoolers let me take care of her first...and here is where the trollitis comes into play
N: What can I get you?
Lady: I want 2 slices of mild cheddar, co-jack, pepper jack, farmers and provolone cheese.
N: (Take not that we wrap out cheese in half pound packages b/c that is usually how people buy them) *Thinking...UGH.* (I unwrap 5 packages of cheese to get her 2 damn pieces of each cheese.) What else can I get you?
L: I also want 2 slices of baby swiss and big eye swiss.
N: *BITCH* (Unwrap 2 more packages to get out 2 pieces of each cheese). Any meats?
L: Yep, I want 4 slices of each meat. I am getting sandwich stuff for my daughter.
N: *Thinking: What the hell? Doesn't your daughter just like a few things does she really need this much variety???????* (Gets 4 slices of 6 different kinds of meat placing each in their own bag b/c god forbid they are the same damn price) Here you are, is that all?
L: Oh, I think so, bye.
* At this point Barb calls me on "green line" to look up a number for the order.*
* Also take note that I still have 5 teens standing at the hotcase waiting for lunch.*
I rush over to the hotcase and get them a total of 7 meals for the 5 of the including 5 drinks, so I have now been from side to side of the deli about 15 times. I go to look where barb said the number would be but it wasn't there. Suddenly another man walks up and wants 5 different salads. I get all that for him and finally find the number that barb is looking for. I call her on "green line" only to see that she didnt' want to wait that long so she just guessed and was already on her way back to the deli.
By now, it is only 11am and I am annoyed as hell with only 5 and a half hours left in my shift...AWWWWW!!! Lunch is busy and not much gets done b/c we have no time. Then we get a call that I have to make 100 pinwheels for the wine tasting tomorrow. No biggy, that will only waste AN HOUR OR TWO OF MY TIME. Happily I am getting them done in a good amount of time when suddenly, the kitchen challenged problem hits me. As I am slicing the pinwheels everything is going well but then, OUCH SHIT! I look down and blood is covering my thumb, the knife and some on the pinwheel that I was cutting at the time. Well, don't have time to deal with it. I wash out the cream cheese and blood, put a bandaide on it, put on a glove, sterilize the knife, throw out the pinwheel I was working on and finish the job. I guess it is just how the day was supposed to go. Oh well, work is over. And hopefully I never see the 2 slice troll cousin lady or I may throw all of her stuff at her when I am done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK WHEN YOU WERE RUNNING BACK AND FORTH AROUND THE DELI FOR WATER AND FORKS, I KEPT THINKING ABOUT THE LADY AT THE MCDONALD'S WINDOW IN THE SNOW STORM. SORRY LOVE THE BLOG AFL

Mighty Dyckerson said...

You're a little hotcase yourself, my dear sweet darling Randomness! Now go back to your old avatar!!