Think about it

Randomness Life and Times of Noelle

How'd you find me?

Thursday, April 19, 2007

A walk to remember

Since it has FINALLY decided to get nice outside and stay that way for a while, I have started my walking workout plan. I am lucky enough to live about a block away from one of lincoln's bike/walking trails. Take note that these trails are amoung the best in the nation...no joke. I love walking these trail, they are nicely paved and there are many to choice from . On these walks, there are many things that you observe that you would normally miss if you to lazy to go for walks. Here are a few that I noticed today.
1. Only on these trails does everyone you walk by wave, smile, nod, or say "Hi". Some even try to get you to stop and chat. HELLO, can't you see I am workingout?? I have a goal and you are interferring with it! However, it is very nice when people actually act like human beings and have the courtisy to acknowledge you. Everywhere else in this damn city it is like you are in everyone's way. You piss everyone off and everyone pisses you off. "The bird" flies more in your car and the car that cut you off then it does in the air.
2. The only downside to trail I walk on is the horrible smelling creek that runs beside it. As long as you are upwind you have nothing to worry about. You can breath the normal city polluted air. However, if you are downwind, holy shit...be prepared to smell a combination of rotten eggs, dead fish, sewage, and foot sweat. Yep, that is close to what it smells like. Now I am from BFE so I can handle the smell of farms and the stagnant smell of rivers full of animal urine and feces (I actually love tubing down those nasty rivers but that is beside the point), but the smell of this creek can be over powering. Knock you on your ass overpowering. I wouldn't even touch this water with a 100 foot long stick in fear of getting some deadly disease from it.
3. I saw 2 caterpillers picking a very unopurtune time to cross the path. Right in front of me and since I am a good person, I stopped to let them cross. However, I wish that they would cross in their damn crosswalks after pushing the "walk" signal but I guess they haven't been trained in that yet.
4. I saw a couple snuggling down by the creek. About 5 feet from it actually. First...you can be seen by everyone so if you are planning on "doing it" I suggest moving to the other side of the bridge, the path doesn't go on that side. Also, I wouldn't roll around in that grass naked if my life depended on it. It has been soaked with that disgusting water from the creek, you may get something...and I don't mean the something that you already have gotten from that guy.
5. I was passed twice by a male runner. First thing I noticed...his shorts were shorter than mine. He must have taped his penis in order for it to not be flopping out from under these teeny tiny short. Ever stride he took I got a glimps of an ass cheek. Well, I guess I can be thankful that he was in shape and not some 400 pound man.
6. I later was passed my another male runner, this one however, I have no complains about. DAMN did he have a sex body and he wasn't wearing a shirt so he can run with me any day.
7. Under any bridge back home, there is graffiti written. You have to be pretty awesome in order to have something written about you under one of the bridges. And guess what...I made it. I have the priviledge of having something written about me under one of those bridges. Oh, I am so proud of that. Anyway, I walk under 4 bridges each time and there isn't shit to read under these bridges. Not fun at all. It saddens me that I have nothing to read when I walk under these bridges, I guess teens aren't as cool here as back home.
8. I saw 1 tampon...still in the wrapper THANK GAWD. *cringes at the thought of it being a used one* It was right in the middle of the trail.
9. Not too far away there were 2 condom wrappers, I am guessing maybe from the couple that were cuddling down by the creek.
10. Also, an empty birth control package. Ok, way would this be on a trail traveled by families??? Who knows.
11. There was a tumble weed that traveled at least 1/4 of a mile while staying completely on the trail. Take note that these trails aren't straight so the wind was having some fun today.
12. Finally, there was an old man sitting by the lake fishing. Well I think he was fishing anyway. He was holding a fishing pole but I don't think that he moved at all. Hopefully he was just taking a cat(fish) nap. (HA HA come on guys, laugh at my horrible pun).
* This is where I am going to add a point to my city creeps contest. If I have to work, then I don't get to go for a walk until sometime around 7ish. That is a good time for me to go for a walk simply b/c I usually walk for an hour and that gets me home before the sun sets. Last night I debated whether I wanted to go for a walk or not and finally decided at about 6:45 that I would for-go my walk. This was a great move on my part b/c at 7 there was a fight that broke out in the park about 10 feet off the trail. I would have been walking by this area at approximately 7. The fight escalated and shots were fired. No one was hit with the bullets but it is just crazy and scary to think that if I would have decided to be motivated last night I could have been right there. So I get a point and I think that gives me either 14 or 15.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy crap. cool trails. I was wondering where that dam tampon went. sorry about that. I'll tuck it in my waistband better next time.

I'll get you a bullet proof jogging suit if you must run the the riots.

lol @ birds fly.... love AFL

Mighty Dyckerson said...

If you find any more used condoms on the ground, rinse them off and save them for me. I might need one when I come to Lincoln and make sweet love to you, my pet!

Ellie's Mommie said...

lmao@caterpillar crosswalks

OMG! I think you need to take Mom up on the bullet proof jogging suit!

After all that laughter, I about puked. You know nothing turns a girl on more than a guy who offers to rinse & reuse. *PUKES ON KEYBOARD*

Grandma Lola said...

I wonder if that creek is running into my mulch.

You need a bullet proof suit, and who would have thought that happens in nebraska. I thought there was only corn there, but now I know they also have hot guys and gun fights. Fuck the Disney World, we may just have to add lincoln to our list of family vacation destinations.

condoms being reused...just I'm with you EM. eewww

Randomness said...

AFL: Good b/c I don't want to find any more tampons on the trail, and I am asking santa for a bullet proof jogging suit for x-mas in July. Lets just hope I last that long.

Mighty D: Wow, you sure know how to swoon a lady. I know on my list of must do before I die...I know that having sex with random guys with used rinsed off condoms is definately up there. NOT. Ekk.

EM: I just think if I could get in trouble for crossing without a crosswalk then we need to get caterpillar cops to get those J-walking bastards.

Chris: Is the creek running into your mulch or is your mulch running into my creek? And yes Lincoln is better than Disney World, we even have the gun fights for the adrenaline junkies. I will be marking it on my calender.