Think about it

Randomness Life and Times of Noelle

How'd you find me?

Saturday, March 3, 2007

Workers

So, after a LONG day at work, I began to think of all the interesting people that I have worked with since I started working for this company a year ago. I thought I would give you all an idea of what I put up with daily. Each number will represent a different person.
1. Worked there for 2 years. Changed managers and new manager didn't like #1, she would do anything to get rid of him. He was funny as hell and I loved working with him. He wrote a note that said, "Sprayed for bugs and pooped in the cooler." Obviously a joke and funny as hell, but new manager didn't think so and that was the end of him.
2. This person had been working there for a while when I changed stores. This person knew lots of the customers and I guess she was giving "special" prices for "special" people. This was soon discovered and that was the end of her.
3. Great worker, had a wonderful but dry sense of humor. Always brightened my day. Called one day and said he couldn't work there any more. Not sure why and I sure miss him.
4. Liked to try to call in during snow storms even though the rest of us had to come in. Wasn't paying attention when using slicer and ended up getting 5 stitches and leaving me by my lonesome for a while. Called in to say she would be late one day, but never showed up...poof, gone, who knows where.
5. Assistant manager before myself. I usually told her what she needed to be doing. Never worked more than her assigned hours even if we needed her to. Got mad, didn't show up one morning to open with me, called and called and called. Never answered. Called for "backup"...apparantly she just left her "I quit" note in the mail box so I didn't find it until "backup" got here. Thanx for being mature.
6. Never listened to directions. Asked questions like "how much meat goes on a quarter pound sandwich?" about 50 times in the month that she worked there. Took many breaks. Didn't do things right. If she didn't get 12 hours of sleep she was worthless. One day she was being worthless so I came in, boss told her to go home and get some sleep (only an hour early) and see you tomorrow. She never showed up again (we still have her avon order...ha ha ha ha ha).
7. Hired him and told him schedule would be done in 2 days, he needed to call back and get it. Also told him that he would be starting the day after orientation and told him when he had orientation. Didnt' show up the first day he was supposed to work. Called him and asked if he wanted to come in later that day. Said ok, showed up for about 3 hours then was sent home b/c they were sick of him asking when he could go home. Came in 10 minutes late the next morning, asked when he could go on break about 5 times, took him 3 hours to do a 1 hour job. He went on "break...which is 15minutes" didnt' show back up for an hour and a half. Then he didnt' show up friday or saturday when he was scheduled...therefore he was kicked to the curb. The best part is that tonight he had that audasity (sp?) to come in and ask when he worked next. Told him he wasn't on the schedule. "why not??" Uh, b/c you haven't shown up for the last two days you were supposed to work! "Oh, I thought I had three days off before I worked next." Nope you aren't going to get that many days off in a row after your first day. "Oh, well, you can tell barb that I am working at kawasaki" Whatever, we already replaced you. "Oh you did?" YEP. "When do I get paid?" You will get your $10 pay check 2 weeks from today. Bye
8. Been having problems with this one for a while. Won't clean coffee pots, windows, scales, put trashbags in trash cans. Been warned many a times. Finally, last night he didnt' do it again, so we just threw all the trash in there without a trash bag. He came to work...mad about his paycheck already and the fact that we wouldn't let him call in sick an hour before his shift. Told him that he had to come or find someone to work for him. Wanted me to work for him, but I could only do it if he worked my shift tomorrow, so I would have worked all of today and him all of tomorrow but he said Fuck that. So he came in all pissed and "sick" saw the trash can and walked out. No big loss I guess, already found someone else and will start training her this week maybe we will have people who do their jobs now.

So the song of the day is...Take this job and shove it...b/c after working from 7-3 the going back from 630-930 and having to deal with a fellow co-worker wanting me to make him a special fuckin sandwich b/c he doesn't want the sandwiches we already have made...he doesn't like "cheese". Hey fuck stick, take that damn cheese off, fuck I am not your god damn mother...I will not wait on you hand and foot so take that piece of cheese and shove it up you big annoying ass.
Chorus: TAKE THIS JOB AND SHOVE IT/ I AIN’T WORKING’ HERE NO MORE MY WOMAN DONE LEFT AND TOOK ALL OF THE REASONS I WAS WORKING FOR YOU BETTER NOT TRY TO STAND IN MY WAY/ WHEN I WALK OUT THE DOOR TAKE THIS JOB AND SHOVE IT/ I AIN’T WORKING’ HERE NO MORE
I BEEN WORKING IN THIS FACTORY/ PRETTY CLOSE TO 15 YEARS I’VE SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS’ WOMEN/ STANDING IN A POOL OF TEARS I’VE SEEN A LOT OF KINFOLKS DYING/ I HAD A LOT OF BILLS TO PAY LORD, I’D GIVE THE SHIRT RIGHT OFFING’ MY BACK/ IF I HAD THE NERVE TO SAY:
Repeat Chorus
THE FOREMAN IS A REGULAR SOB. AND THE NIGHT BOSS, HE’S A FOOL HE GOT HIMSELF A BRAND NEW FLATTOP HAIRCUT LORD, HE REALLY THINKS THAT’S COOL ONE OF THESE DAYS I’M GONNA BLOW MY TOP AND THERE’S GONNA BE HELL TO PAY I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THEIR FACES WHEN I GET THE NERVE TO SAY
Repeat Chorus

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man I love pooped in the cooler. I once worked at a bar. Hubby and wife owned it. We loved hubby, we hated wife.

Halloween she came in all dressed up in a costume, no one new who she was until she got drunk. No one staggers like camili. Anyway before the night was over she had the costume off. She left it in the bar when she went home.

We used to fold the wet bar rags so they looked like a man's penis (takes talent) and freeze them.

We stuffed he old man costume, shoved a frozen penis in his pants, put his hand around it. Other hand had a beer.

We set him up in the dark back hall where you went to turn the lights on. She found it the next morning about 6:00 a.m. Crapped her pants it scared her so bad.

By 6:00 pm we were fired. Worth it, we still laugh about it.