Think about it

Randomness Life and Times of Noelle

How'd you find me?

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Death Penalty

So, this week, the part of the state was trying to get rid of the death penalty. As of right now, I believe that there are 9 people on death row in nebraska. Also, nebraska is only one of three states that still has the electric chair as their form of execution. Now, I am sure that even though I wouldn't go into great detail on this subject I may still piss a few people off...too damn bad, you have your thoughts and I have mine, I just choose to voice mine. Anyway, thankfully, the death penalty is still "alive" (excuss the pun) for a while longer, but only by one vote. That one vote margin scares me. These people are on death row for a reason. They murdered someone or many someones in a very gruesome manor. Do I think that they deserve to die?? YES! They know the law, they know what is morally right and what is morally wrong before they commit the crime and they know what they are getting themselves into. Honestly, sometimes I think the form of electric chair doesn't come close to what the criminal should be getting. And don't even get me started with lethal injection. Moving on, these people sit on death row for years and years and years before they are put to death. Some even die of natural causes or because of something that happened in jail before they are put to death. I think this is also bullshit. If they get sentenced the death, please put them to death the next day. Holding them in jail for 10, 20, 30+ years is wasting all taxpayers' money. In Nebraska it cost about $30,00 per prisoner per year to hold them in jail, think about it everyone, is that what you want to be wasting your money on? I sure as hell don't! Now, that this man who killed 2 cab drivers in Omaha in '79 found out that they death penalty is still in effect, he decided to stop appealing and told them that he was ready to be put to death. I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE READY TO BE PUT TO DEATH OR NOT!! The person that you killed didn't get to choose if they wanted to die and neither should you. Grow some balls and face it like a man...and save us all the trouble. Thanks

1 comment:

Ellie's Mommie said...

Here's my solution to over-crowded prisons. Take every man waiting on death row & all the one's who have a life sentence... line them up on a podium & hold a weekly lottery (just like PowerBall) Put nooses around their necks & pull the switch! One drops & everyone else is free to enjoy they're stay until we've gone through all the prison ranks again. Seems to me it solves a money problem (Lotto Income!!) and an over-crowding problem. Not to mention the sheer entertainment value!!