Think about it

Randomness Life and Times of Noelle

How'd you find me?

Sunday, March 4, 2007

My observation

At work, we have decided that we are going to have a "stupid customer quote of the week". Here is the conversation that led up to this decision and what this weeks quote is.
N: Hi, what can I get you? (As I am putting freshly fried chicken into the hot case)
Customer: Um, what are your chicken prices?
N: (Thinking...bitch, read the damn sign it tells you) Well, I am not sure how many pieces you are wanting to purchase but we have a 12 piece on sale for $9.99.
(And here is the Quote of the Week)
C: (While staring at the fried chicken that I just placed in the hot case) So is it already fried and everything?
(Barb walks around the corner to hid so she can laugh her ass off and leave me there to help this stupid ass lady without bursting out laughing)
N: Um, yeah, it is the same chicken that I just put in the case.
C: OH WOW, what a great deal, I will take that.

I just wish people would think before they open their mouths and stupid falls out.

Now, for my observation of the day. As I pulled up to a stop light on Havelock and Cornhusker hwy, I noticed that the SUV in front of me have a Busch light can balanced perfectly on the bumper underneith the right tail light. Now for some reason my easily distracted brain became obsessed with this and luckily, the SUV was going the same direction as I was. I wondered to myself how long this can would stay there. I began to follow the SUV in the right lane while it was in the left, but since the car in front of me was going to slow and I feared losing the SUV I moved to the other lane and sped up. Here is what I observed.
1. The can stayed on for 30 city blocks (probably more, but SUV turned and I lost it)
2. The can stayed on for 6 large potholes.
3. The can stayed on at an average of pry 45mph.
4. The can stayed on for 5 stops at stop lights, 2 being quite abrupt.
5. The can stayed on for 2 lane changes at 45mph.
6. The can stayed on for a 90 degree turn at 30-35mph.
This was quite a can, I wonder if they drank whatever was left when they got to their destination.
Also, if the SUV would have gotten pulled over, would the driver had been charged with open container? HMMM, who knows.

Song of the day is a drinking song, not b/c I want to drink or b/c I am/have drank today, just b/c of that damn beer can.
Quitting Time9 hours left!
The day's just getting started!
8 hours left!
Til we go out and get retarded!
7 hours left!
The day's hardly begun!
6 hours left!
Until we have some fun!
5 hours left!
Okay, it's time for lunch!
4 hours left!
Until we drink a bunch!
3 hours left!
The afternoon is draggin!
2 hours left!
Til we're off the wagon!
1 hour left!
The time is drawing near!
It's quitting time!
Let's go drink some beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!

4 comments:

Ellie's Mommie said...

OMG... is the chicken FRIED? No sir... we bring it right out to the counter live and squaking so you can see that we only use the freshest chickens... then we lob off it's little head and for an extra 50 cents we'll let you pull out the entrails and pluck off the feathers!! DUH!! Oh, and what an amazing beer can... I'd have had to follow the guy just to know for sure how long it would have stayed there!

Anonymous said...

ok this is a much fun as the trolls. if you can work this in with the troll stories you will make your AFL a very happy happy woman and all of Hagatha's junk will just melt away in laughter.

Mighty Dyckerson said...

I wouldn't mind having some fried chicken. I hear your breasts are tender and juicy.

karla said...

You should have said, "No, not for that price. If you want it cooked, it costs $216.97."