Think about it

Randomness Life and Times of Noelle

How'd you find me?

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

What I say on TV

Well, yesterday, I was watching some talk show...can't remember which one, but that isn't important. It was about a woman who was extremely bulimic and hadn't seen her kids in over 12 years or so. Now, I know people who have eating disorders and I know all the background about this problem b/c of all the research I did for speeches in high school about it. Thanx to my high school math teacher...some used to think that I also had this problem. Well excuse me for not wanting to eat the food that the serve at school, but if you ever asked my parents, I can eat more than 2 grown men so shut the hell up. Anyway, that is not the point. This woman would go out with layers of clothing on in order to look like she was average sized. She would eat enough food that she would gain AT LEAST 12 pounds per setting...AT LEAST. That would then cause her to burb until she could finally find somewhere to purge. She actually weighed about 70 pounds. Because of everything that she was doing to her body, she ended up losing all her teeth, and the dentures wouldn't stay in...so she found her own way of keeping them in place. SHE WOULD HOT GLUE THEM TO HER GUMS...OUCH. It just went on and on. The thing that I don't understand is how she could give up her 7 and 9 year old children for this disorder...then not talk to the in any way for 12 years. The oldest thought that she was dead and documented it like that on his military papers. The daughter, had gotten married and had a baby and the mother knew nothing about it. I was just in AWWW. Anyway, that is my outburst of confusion for "yesterday" actually.

And Monday's song of the day was: The theme to Scooby Doo. Thanx to my mother and my younger sister I can almost guarantee that I have seen EVER episode at least 11 times. The days that there were marithons were HELL. So, here it goes. And have yourself a scooby-snack.
Scooby-Dooby-Doo, Where Are You?We got some work to do now.Scooby-Dooby-Doo, Where Are You?We need some help from you now.Come on Scooby-Doo, I see youpretending you got a sliverBut you're not fooling me'cause I can see, the way you shake and shiver.You know we got a mystery to solveSo Scooby-Doo be ready for your act[Scooby-Doo] Uh-uh Uh-uhDon't hold back!And Scooby-Doo if you come through you;re going to have yourself a Scooby Snack!That's a fact!Scooby-Dooby-Doo, where are youYou're ready and you're willingIf we can count on youScooby-Doo, I know you;ll catch that villian.

1 comment:

Ellie's Mommie said...

Here's what I never understand. If you're going to go to all of the trouble of reaching that goal of 70 pounds, then why would you cover it up to look normal? If you're okay looking normal in public then why are you obsessed with what you see in the mirror?