Think about it

Randomness Life and Times of Noelle

How'd you find me?

Sunday, February 25, 2007

The night the lights went out...In Lincoln?

As you all well know...yesterday was a stormy day all over in nebraska. Lincoln however, didn't get the blizzard stuff b/c out snow was too damn heavy. It stood 3 inches off the power lines and even higher on everything else. Anyway, I went to be thinking nothing of it, knowing that I had set my alarm and hoping for a great night of sleep to prepare me for work. My sleep was amazing...I had a dream that I was in high school putting on a pep-rally as a cheerleader...but it was located in the Russ's Market bakery...who knows. Suddenly I was awakened by a weird ringing sound. Thinking to myself, that isn't my alarm. Then I heard it again. SHIT MY PHONE...THAT MEANS I AM LATE FOR WORK...SONOFABITCH!
N: What time is it?
Amanda: 7:07
N: Shit, (looks at alarm only to see it flashing 4:02) I think we lost electricity last night...sorry I am going to be late.
A: Ok, well I am running late too.
N: Ok, see you in a bit.
(Calling the store to tell them the deli workers will be late)
N: Brian, Amanda is running behind and my electricity went out last night so I had no alarm, I will be in as soon as possible.
B: Your electricity went out? Hmm, oh, a power line must have broke.
N: (thinking: no shit, I know what causes power outages) yeah, be there soon.
B: Take your time, we are slow.

I arrive about 30 minutes later.
B: Here already, holy crap you are fast...did you call me while you were showering?
N: Well, since my hair is dry that is a sure sign that I didn't shower before work, I never do. I shower after work to get the smell of chicken off me.
B: Oh.

Later Barb comes in and I tell her why I was late. She said, yeah, I woke up at 3:30 and noticed the power had gone out...thought about calling you but didn't want you to get mad. Next time...CALL, I HATE being late, b/c then we get behind and I get cranky. Anyway, that is all for the whole work thing. But it has been over 3 years since I have lost power b/c of winter weather...it was kinda exciting.

Now, I have also decided today that I am going post a "Song of the Day" each day. This will be a song that for some reason I cannot get out of my head.
Todays song is the theme to FRESH PRINCE. It goes like this...if you didnt' know.
Now... this is a story all about how
my life got flipped, turned upside down,
and I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air
In... West Philidelphia born and raised
on the playground is where I spent most of my days,
chillin' out, maxin', relaxin', all cool
and all shooting some b-ball outside the school
When a couple of guys said "we're up to no good"
started making trouble in my neighborhood,
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
she said "you're movin' with your uncle and auntie in Bel-Air"
I whistled for a cab and when it came near
the license plate said "fresh" and had dice in the mirror,
if anything I could say this cab was rare
but I though now forget it, yo home to Bel-Air
I pulled up to a house about seven or eight
and I yelled to the cabby "yo home, smell ya later,"
I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there
to settle my throne as the prince of Bel-Air

Not sure why but every time I thought about cold (chillin maybe) or relax...this song popped into my head...no matter what song I was currently listening too.

1 comment:

mist1 said...

I have showered to get lots of stuff off me. But never the smell of chicken.